Tuesday 16 June 2015

7 Years On....

Well, I didn't get around to posting this on Furry Fighter Day, but after reading a couple of very sweet messages from Jan's Funny Farm, Angel Abbygrace and Nanuk I thought I should write a post for my Stormie - The Most Beautiful Siamese Cat In The World (we are still dominating Google Images with that phrase!) - and the lovely people from the Cat Blogosphere...

Storm - The Most Beautiful Siamese Cat In the World


My beloved Castle - Storm's brother and litter-mate - sadly passed away on May 4th this year, actually on his and Storm's Gotcha Day anniversary of all days. He was the grand old age of 19 years and 3 months old. We are not sure what the cause was, but he got quiet on a Sunday afternoon, and had to be put to sleep the next day. The vet suspects issues with the bile duct, maybe something ruptured due to a cancerous growth, or thickening of duct tissue, but thankfully it was quick and he hardly suffered, spending his last night at home with me and his other Meowmie, and not stuck in hospital on drips and medicines. He had become a distinguished cat in old age, his little greying muzzle as handsome as it ever was...

Castle

As you know Castle had a couple of playmates to keep him company whilst he waited to be reunited with his sister. First there was Timmy Tantrum, who shared our lives for 18 months, he was a good companion for Castle, and they snuggled up together all the time.


Timmy Tantrum

And then I found gentle, old Tigger.  He stayed with us for 4 years and reached the age of 19 years and 6 months,  - he passed away last year, on the anniversary of the day I first went to see him - October 7th.  My boys liked their anniversaries clearly!  He and Castle were extremely close - just like Castle and Storm were, it was incredible how they bonded.

Tigger

I feel so lucky to have had such beautiful, little feline souls share my home and life...it all feels very empty at the moment...quiet.  I will adopt some more feline friends in the future, but I am taking some time to remember the ones that have been part of my life for almost 20 years.  When Storm died my grief was suppressed by my search for a friend for a grieving and pining Castle, to ensure he was happy; and the same happened again when Timmy died, and when Tigger died I knew in my heart that Castle probably wouldn't be around for much longer, so I didn't look for another furry friend for him, I instead decided to spend much more time at home, keeping him company and loving him as much as possible.  Now I grieve for them all...

It all started with Storm and Castle though, two adorable, little kittens that stole my heart the minute I saw them way back in 1996.  Rest in Peace my little Angels, I imagine you are playing together once again now...with Timmy and Tigger joining in too.  You really won't ever be forgotten. Ever x




10 comments:

Jans Funny Farm said...

How wonderful Castle had such a long life with you and such great feline companions, first his sister and then Timmy and Tigger. We are sad for each of the losses, as each is missed. A warm hug, purrs and paw taps of comfort. And a sprinkle of nip in their memory. Thanks so much for the update, even though it is sad.

TimberLove said...

Such beautiful pictures:) we shall think of you all as we serenade the moon tonight, wooooos,

NukNuk

Mickey's Musings said...

In the process of cleaning up my blog, I came to the Rainbow Bridge section and saw Storm's picture. I remember that sweet girl.
Sorry to hear about Castle, Timmy and Tigger. At least that had good lives
thanks to you.
Here's hoping things are well with you. Maybe someday a 4 legged kitty will come to your home again :)
Purrs Georgia and Julie,
Treasure and JJ
and mum Nancy

TimberLove said...

We came to paw love and respect. FurryFighter day 2016. Gentle wooooos,

Nuk & Timber

TimberLove said...

Peace an love, FurryFighter day 2017.

Nuk & Family

TimberLove said...

Pawing gentle wooooos,

NanĂ¼k and family

Yogi said...

Much love from me, sister Daisy and brothers Tiger and Barley. Sadly sister Skye, the blue eyed pretty puss, crossed the rainbow bridge in 2017. Never forgotten xxx

World of Animals, Inc. said...

Thanks for sharing all these wonderful photos of all these cute siamese kitties. We love the face storm is making in the photo. Such a beautiful cat. Timmy Tantrum that is an excellent name. Great to read that these little ones formed such a great bond together. Have a wonderful weekend.
World of Animals

TimberLove said...

Wooooo,

Nuk

TimberLove said...

Were thinking of you today. Happy furryfighter day, 2021. May we all meet again,