Well I thought I would get my invitation out early cos Meowmie will be busy - quite possibly too busy to post til Thursday, the day before mine and Castle's 12th Birthday!
This is a very special celebration for me cos we weren't too sure I would be here...and, realistically, this might be my last birthday celebration. So, all kitties, Humans and NOMS bloggers, and any other creatures (some mice and lizards would be good) please feel free to stop by here on Friday and join the Party and wish me and Castle a Happy 12th Birthday! Spread the word, this is an open-house party!!!
- We are laying on TONNES of Nip!!!
- We have hired a very special bartender to mix us some fishjuice cocktails and Niptinis
- We got some exotic dancers coming in too! (Not rude ones!)
- We will have a Chill-Out space for those who have OD'd on the Nip and Booze.
- We got some very cool DJs coming to spin some discs for us.
- We got a Crazy Room too for those who wanna dance all night non-stop!
- We have created a Play Room too, wiv lots of toys in it for those who wanna muck about and be silly.
By the way...Will reaching 12 years old make us Geezers?
Wednesday, 30 January 2008
Posted by The Furry Fighter at 04:25
Tuesday, 29 January 2008
I DONE A POO!!!
I'se projectile-vommed my lactulose on Sunday immediately after being given it but I haven't sicked up my lactulose for the last two doses so I think we can continue with it and soften things up a bit!! Hopefully things are on the move again and I don't need to visit Ben Vet just yet! It is very expensive having The Most Beautiful Siamese Cat In The World done!
Posted by The Furry Fighter at 21:45
Monday, 28 January 2008
I have been tagged by the handsome Yao-Lin for the 3 New Things About Me MeMe!
All you need to do is tell everyone 3 things that are new with you! Link it back to the purrson who gave it to you and pass it on to 3 more kitties you'd like to know more about! :)
1) My Google profile has improved considerably, I am now result No.3 on Page 1 of Google if you type a search for The Most Beautiful Siamese Cat In The World.
2) I think I may be developing a liking to Nip! As you know, Castle is a recent convert so meowmie rubbed nip leaves all over the scratching post (which we usually ignore in favour of the sofa or carpet obviosuly) to see if it would encourage Castle to use it. Some days later Meowmie caught me rubbing myself up and down the scratching post and kneeding on the base of it - and I was going slightly dopey!!! Very unllke me!
3) I am in the final week of being 11 years old - Castle and I will be 12 this Friday, February 1st! So my 'About Me' section over there >>>>> will have some new information it in regards my age. I will be entering into a new year on this Earth!
I would like to choose the following 3 furrends for this MeMe:
Healthwise I'se been OK...but a bit bunged up with plops again so as a result I have been doing sick-ups just after straining over my litter tray. I suspect if things do not improve over the next few days I may well be taken to see Ben Vet in order to be given The Most Beautiful Siamese Cat In The World!!! Meowmie is gonna try and give me lactulose again to see if it helps move things along.
Posted by The Furry Fighter at 05:16
Saturday, 26 January 2008
The lovely Poppy Q has made me her Friday Friend this week...I am so honoured and so chuffed about it, what a lovely surprise! Take a look at Poppy's blog, she has chosen some lovely pictures of me too. Poppy's mum used to live in London so she says she has an affection for my blog. Thank you Poppy Q! You are a treasure and good friend!
I've been checking my stats again and looking at which keywords lead people to my blog. It seems that 20% of the hits from search engines have reached me via some sort of 'enema' search! I am therefore not going to mention that word anymore. From now on I am going to call them "The Most Beaufitul Siamese Cat In The World". So next time I blog and mention that I went to see Ben Vet and I say that he gave me The Most Beautiful Siamese Cat In The World you'll know what I mean...it also allows you readers to have a much nicer mental image of my Vet visits.
I also intend to use this bit of cunning word replacement to enhance my Google image and indeed become The Most Beautiful Siamese Cat In The World. Just in case this works and I get some new visitors searching for The Most Beautiful Siamese Cat In The World, here is a selection of images of The Most Beautiful Siamese Cat In The World:
Have a good weekend everyone...and special hugs go out to Prinnie...xxx
Posted by The Furry Fighter at 01:15
Thursday, 24 January 2008
...that don't tell the truth!
Doesn't go to Jamaica.
No evidence of butchers of effeminate men in this location.
Bleeding Heart Yard
No blood and no hearts in this location. Just dust and detrius.
Chalk Farm Road
A chalk farm??? Don't be absurb!
(Banksy used spray paint there anyway!)
Could not find any elves having an argument or stood in rows.
Hardly! Great big horrid postal depot there last time I looked!
Shoot Up Hill
No cowboys firing guns and no sign of Amy Winehouse playing with syringes either.
Lamb's Conduit Street
No lambs present and no sign of any conduits. But Rupert Everett does live there, so it should be called Rupert Street, however there is already a Rupert Street in London but I just bet no-one called Rupert lives on it!
Hmmm. Slightly truthful, it is a bit of a dump.
Nope, no mythical one-eyed creatues to be found here. Cyclops don't mew anyway, cats do though. Cat Mews hehehehe.
Katherine Wheel Alley
Could have been fun, but no Katherine Wheels whatsoever, not even a skyrocket.
Just a standard City of London lane, nothing to make you seethe as you enter it. Samuel Pepys used to work here, maybe he seethed - especially about the Fire of London?
Old Broad Street
No old broads anywhere!!!
Posted by The Furry Fighter at 23:52
Wednesday, 23 January 2008
|What Storm Means|
You are the total package - suave, sexy, smart, and strong.
You have the whole world under your spell, and you can influence almost everyone you know.
You don't always resist your urges to crush the weak. Just remember, they don't have as much going for them as you do.
You are a seeker. You often find yourself restless - and you have a lot of questions about life.
You tend to travel often, to fairly random locations. You're most comfortable when you're far away from home.
You are quite passionate and easily tempted. Your impulses sometimes get you into trouble.
You are well rounded, with a complete perspective on life.
You are solid and dependable. You are loyal, and people can count on you.
At times, you can be a bit too serious. You tend to put too much pressure on yourself.
You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something.
You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense.
You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun.
You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated.
You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want.
You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way!
Well, I am SURE I inputted 'Storm' into the Hidden Meaning Machine but I think the above describes just about every Meezer out there!
PS - Please stop by Caeser & Princess's blog cos there is an update and also I fink our words and visits and support are helping Rosemary and Princess - Fank you xxxx
Posted by The Furry Fighter at 07:15
Monday, 21 January 2008
Some extremely sad news, my dear and good friend Caeser went to The Bridge last night, please stop by to see Princess and her family as they are very sad right now...I will miss you Caeser, thank you for being such a wonderful and kind friend - the Blogosphere is REALLY going to miss you very much xxx
Posted by The Furry Fighter at 05:15
Saturday, 19 January 2008
No, not East London, I mean China and in particular Taipei! Whilst Castle was busy sleeping yesterday and Meowmie was busy at the Work Place making Vet Tokens I thought I would teleport over to Taipei and see my good friend Adan!
Adan was not expecting me so I totally surprised him, but being the gentleman that he is he decided to take me on whirlwind tour of some famous sites in China and Taipei! He also dressed up in his new Kimono for me, which I thought was soooo cool!!!
Here we are taking a stroll down the alleys in Taipei...
and here we are checking out Tiananmen Square...
and then in our campaign to make Synchronised Whapping an Olympic Sport we headed over to the Beijing Bird's Nest Stadium but no-one was there to make our case to...
and then we went to see the greatest site of all, the Great Wall of China!!! being clever felines we jumped and played and danced around the turrets and high walls and throughly enjoyed ourselves!
Then sadly I had to come home, so I decided to take a flight instead of teleporting, the kindly pilot let me have a go at the controls too!!! Unfortunately as we approached Heathrow something went a little bit wrong and I didn't land the plane very well I am afraid, oh well, thankfully no-one was hurt! I won't repeat what those firemen were shouting at me as I attempted to leave the plane!
Thank you for such a wonderful day trip Adan!!! :)
Posted by The Furry Fighter at 01:07
Friday, 18 January 2008
Meowmie is being lazy today and won't help me do a proper blog post so please enjoy these silly and funny pictures of cats which make my Meowmie giggle - I am sure you have seen most of them though, if not all! One can never get bored of looking at cats though can they, we are so special!
I LOVE the last picture - so guilty looking! Anyways, Ise been OK, just one sick-up (last night after foods) but this morning Castle did a sick-up after foods!!! He seems OK but Meowmie is monitoring him and if he is sick anymore will call the Vet Place.
I'll be round visiting over the next day or two! A film is about to start on the TV and Meowmie wants to watch it. How selfish!
Posted by The Furry Fighter at 04:59
Wednesday, 16 January 2008
Yes - it is I, Castle The Handsome One! I have invaded for the evening cos I read over Storm's shoulder that Cody over at Camie's Kitties tagged me for the 7 Things MeMe! Thank you Cody! For once I get some attention and adoration coming my way too. I know my sister is brave and deserves all the love in the world, but I think some of that love should head over my way too! I AM the boss in this household afterall. (Yeah, riiiiiiiight, course you are Castle - Stormie)
So here are my 7 things:
1) Meowmie J bought me after seeing an advert in Loot newspaper. She called the breeder up who then informed Meowmie J that she "had a lovely Blue Boy with an adorable and very special personality" in her available kittens. Meowmie J came to see me when I was 8 weeks old and fell in love with me cos I let her rub my stomach immediately and was very loving. Meowmie L then spotted Storm cuddling up to me, fell in love and told Meowmie J that she couldn't buy just ONE meezer, she had to buy TWO, so Storm got chosen too! We must be special cos the breeder had about 17 kittens running around looking for homes! (Sadly Meowmie J became allergic to me and Storm so we now live with Meowmie L).
2) I have only just developed a liking for catnip - I am almost 12 years old.
3) I love playing with eggs. When I was a kitten Meowmie J found 6 eggs outside her bedroom door one morning. I had attempted to carry them down the stairs, one-by-one, from the kitchen to the bedroom, dropping them once I reached the bedroom. Unfortunately the floor outside the bedroom was hardwood and the eggs all broke. For those who haven't seen it, this is my egg video where I carry an egg into the lounge - and I can carry an egg lengthways in my mouth (sorry bout my awful, sweary Bean)!
4) I am a very affectionate cat, I love cuddles, rubs, kisses, scritches, being talked to, strokes - any sign of affection or attention. Meowmie can push me around whilst I lay on my back and I go all floppy and daft and purr like mad. Like a typical Meezer I love a good natter.
5) Storm and I are very, very close, I hate it when she goes away to the Vet Place. When she was away for 8 days getting diagnosed with her problems a year ago, I hated it so much that when she came back I flipped out and spent a week attacking her and hissing at her. This was probably the last thing she needed - but she smelt WELL WIERD and seemed different somehow. After a week of the cold-shouldering I accepted her again and we were soon back to normal - constantly together.
6) Since Storm has been diagnosed with her lymphoma and gone through the chemo I am always sniffing her bum. Well, not always, but I do have a good old sniff much more than I used to. Thankfully Storm rarely farts! In fact I have only ever heard Storm do a windy-pop the once. That was shortly after one of her enemas. Ew.
7) When I was a young cat living at Meowmie J's I used to go into the garden sometimes. I found a dead blackbird in the garden, obviously caught by another cat and discarded some days previously. Cunningly, I claimed the bird for my own and pretended I had caught it and took it to Meowmie J and dropped the 'present' at her feet. Meowmie J screamed and screamed, I don't really know why, It was a lovely gift!
Well, my time is up here for now...Stormie sends her love, she hasn't done a sick-up for a couple of days and she is eating well! See you soon xxx
Posted by The Furry Fighter at 04:38
Tuesday, 15 January 2008
I've got TWO more awards!!! Anyone would think it is my burfday! Actually, my burfday is February 1st - my next big milestone - no doubt I will be celebrating with a steroid pill and catfish and tapioca dry food, but I am not complaining, I will be ECSTATIC to celebrate another birthday!. But I digress...I have been given the amazing "Bloggers Of The World" Award by the lovely Tamra Maew.
BUT that is not all...cos you see Castle has ALSO been given the Bloggers Of The World award, his was presented by Tara's fast-growing and handsome brother Kavan. Thank you my lovely fellow Meezers - we are both very proud. We would like to pass this on to Java and Chairman Mao and Brainball over at the Ballicus blog and Camie's Kitties
And now for my next award...I have also been given the "Thinking Blogger" Award by Java - and my lovely Meezer pal Yao-Lin and my buddy Henry Helton- this is a great honour! I have been eyeing this award around the blogosphere and thinking how lovely it looked...thank you so much Java you lovely Meezer!
Here are the rules fur the Thinking Blogger Awardie:
1. You must write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Acknowledge this post.
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.
4. Go tell your humans to fork over the treats!
My five awards nominations go to:
Faz The Cat
Hey meowmie - do what the rules say - hand over the treats!!! Oh...is that catfish and tapioca dry food I spy in my bowl...yummy, how exciting.
Posted by The Furry Fighter at 05:30
Friday, 11 January 2008
Oh my goodness I'se got an award! I am so pleased, I love awards!
My friends Jan and the crew over at Jan's Funny Farm presented me with the "You Make My Day Award" which is presented to bloggers whose blog brings you happiness and inspiration and makes you feel happy about Blogland. The rules are to pass the award along to up to 10 people - so I choose the following bloggers, and if you have it already then you must be REALLY appreciated!
Fat Cat Muffin
Dragonheart & Merlin
An update on me - I thought my enema might mean I wouldn't do a tummy-sick-up for a few days but unfortunately I did one yesterday (just after my lactulose) and again this morning just after breakfast. Both were food-sicks so my Bean is not too concerned - but she is extra watchful now, and she keeps kissing me and hugging me too now. Otherwise all is well, eating just fine and still loving my stripey tail toy that Ben Vet sent to me, so my two main cat senses are working...EAT and PLAY...in between hours of sleeping of course. Now if only we could get the POO function back to normal we would be laughing!
Posted by The Furry Fighter at 06:15
Tuesday, 8 January 2008
Ise went to see Ben Vet today - just for a check-up to make sure all is in order. My temperature is normal, my chest sounds normal and my gut sounds are normal and I have gained weight, I now weigh 3.69kgs (8.13lbs) which is an increase of about 350 grams (about 3/4 of a pound)!
Unfortunately I was bunged up with poos again, as you all know this is now a reoccurring problem for which I need to take lactulose cos the scarring in my guts, from the chemo treatment I had, prevents proper passage through me. So Ben Vet gave me an enema!!! I am loathe to write this on my blog again cos I get ALOT of hits from people looking for "enemas for fun" or "home enemas" and even more strangely "furry enemas". The mind boggles but I can assure those people that enemas are most definitely NOT fun!
I was very well-behaved at the vet, purred a bit and dished out a headbutt or two. After Ben Vet had finished examining me he said he was very pleased with my condition and said that I am doing very well, pretty much like a normal healthy cat - which is great news. Let's hope this state of being continues for a while longer! I then said my goodbyes to Ben Vet and the staff and my cat-sitter who also works there.
Once I got home I ran straight to my litter-box and proved without any doubt that enemas do work very well, I then laid down with Castle and he spent ages cleaning my ears for me.
And for any London-based readers, HMS Belfast the old warship now turned tourist-attraction moored up on the Thames, has lost one of it's cats, he is called Oscar and went missing on December 24th (you can read more HERE). He got lost looking for the other resident battleship cat Kilo. Kilo has now turned up though. I dread to think what could have happened to old Oscar but I fear either he was kidnapped by horrid chavvy school-children on an educational visit or he may have seen a fish in the Thames and took the plunge so to speak. Anyways, let's hope that Oscar turns up soon!
Posted by The Furry Fighter at 03:49
Saturday, 5 January 2008
Castle and I realise that this year is an Olympic year and we feel it is time to introduce a new sport into the Olympic schedule of games. I am not sure our campaign will be effective in time for the Beijing Olympics but if we get started now we may get it recognised for the London Olympics in 2012. I won't be able to participate in 2012 obviously, but perhaps we can get some of the younger generation of cats inspired to get involved? Yao-Lin and Baby Mao perhaps? Or The Meezer Brothers maybe? or would Dragonheart and Merlin take up the challenge?The new sport is called "Synchronised Whapping" and here is a video of Castle and I demonstrating the new sport:
Obviously we need to improve our synchronisation but I fink we did OK for a first effort! :)
PS - I fink I may have misled some people in my previous post with regards to the medicines I take. I gave the impression that Meowmie fills me with all sorts of meds on a daily basis, but she doesn't, the meds listed are meds I have taken over the last year.
I took the 3 chemo drugs listed on rotation, over a 26 week period then they stopped - this is called the Madison Wisconsin Protocol. Currently I only take a steroid tablet every other day and lactulose when I get 'bunged up' if you get my drift. I was supposed to take leukeran (another chemo drug) as a maintenance drug once the Mad Wis protocol had finished, but it made me feel sick so it was decided not to continue with it. Although this was a worry for us, Ben Vet explained that new evidence was starting to emerge to suggest that some cats manage to survive and keep the lymphoma at bay for a while without taking the Leukeran. (This is why it is kind of special that I am still here and surviving past the average 6-9 month survival time). You can read more about that episode in my treatment here: The Chemo Rollercoaster.
Posted by The Furry Fighter at 20:25
Friday, 4 January 2008
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Apologies for the tardiness of my post - I've been neglected terribly, Meowmie L has not helped me blog AND she had the cheek to leave me and Castle on our own on New Year's Eve!!! She went to see some big firework display by the Thames that cost £100,000 per minute in explosions, but due to a HUGE cloud of smoke generated by said fireworks she only saw the first minute and for the remaining 10 minutes could only hear fireworks, not actually see them. Serves her right. If she had stayed at home with us she would have had the most marvellous view and enjoyed the most amazing firework display ever! Castle and I had a fantastic view from the kitchen window as our home is only 1.5 miles away as the crow flies and we live on the 11th floor so we had a lovely elevated view across the London rooftops!
Here is some amazing footage from the BBC of the fireworks:
Here is a not so amazing picture of the cloud of smoke taken by Meowmie L who foolishly stood down-wind of the display:
Despite her recent short-comings I do have a lot to be grateful for and her love and care are amongst those things that have helped me still be here. In fact as it is Thursday and I haven't done a Thirteen for a while I am going to list 13 things that have made it possible for me to welcome in one more New Year:
1) My two Beans - the love and care they give to me.
2) Castle - his cuddles and protection and love
3) Ben Vet, Caroline Vet, Russell Vet, Megan Vet - and any other vet who has helped me who I have forgotten! (This counts as one choice cos I say so.)
4) Ann and her team of nurses (this counts as one choice too).
5) Vincristine - chemo drug
6) Cyclophosphamide - another chemo drug
7) Doxorubicine - and another chemo drug
8) Prednisone - my steroid pill
9) Lactulose - not exactly life-saving stuff but it helps my poos travel through me and therefore reduces my tummy sick-up frequency!
10) Antibiotics for those times when my immune system doesn't cope (like when I got the cystitis!). I reacted badly to some types of ABs but I am OK with Baytril.
11) Stemetil anti-nausea injections. These were very helpful towards the end of my 26-week chemo protocol as I was getting a bit nauseous in the last 3 or 4 weeks.
12) Periactin appetite stimulant - this was helpful when I went off my food a bit, which to be fair wasn't often, again it was during the last few weeks of my chemo treatment.
13) Chicken - technically I mean food and water, but chicken is my favourite and is always worth a mention. Chicken is also a good 'test food' for Meowmie - she uses it to determine whether I have *really* gone off my food or whether I am just being a fussy Meezer. I can't resist chicken, even if I have already eaten! Unfortunately I am not allowed chicken at the moment though.
Actually let's turn this into a Thursday Fourteen...
14) My lovely friends on the Blogosphere, your messages of support and words of advice are so wonderful and it has been an honour getting to know you all. Each of you is very special indeed.
Here's wishing everybody a fantastic year ahead.
Love Stormie xxxx
Posted by The Furry Fighter at 07:46