Wednesday 16 January 2008

7 Things MeMe...

by CASTLE!

Yes - it is I, Castle The Handsome One! I have invaded for the evening cos I read over Storm's shoulder that Cody over at Camie's Kitties tagged me for the 7 Things MeMe! Thank you Cody! For once I get some attention and adoration coming my way too. I know my sister is brave and deserves all the love in the world, but I think some of that love should head over my way too! I AM the boss in this household afterall. (Yeah, riiiiiiiight, course you are Castle - Stormie)

So here are my 7 things:

1) Meowmie J bought me after seeing an advert in Loot newspaper. She called the breeder up who then informed Meowmie J that she "had a lovely Blue Boy with an adorable and very special personality" in her available kittens. Meowmie J came to see me when I was 8 weeks old and fell in love with me cos I let her rub my stomach immediately and was very loving. Meowmie L then spotted Storm cuddling up to me, fell in love and told Meowmie J that she couldn't buy just ONE meezer, she had to buy TWO, so Storm got chosen too! We must be special cos the breeder had about 17 kittens running around looking for homes! (Sadly Meowmie J became allergic to me and Storm so we now live with Meowmie L).

2) I have only just developed a liking for catnip - I am almost 12 years old.

3) I love playing with eggs. When I was a kitten Meowmie J found 6 eggs outside her bedroom door one morning. I had attempted to carry them down the stairs, one-by-one, from the kitchen to the bedroom, dropping them once I reached the bedroom. Unfortunately the floor outside the bedroom was hardwood and the eggs all broke. For those who haven't seen it, this is my egg video where I carry an egg into the lounge - and I can carry an egg lengthways in my mouth (sorry bout my awful, sweary Bean)!



4) I am a very affectionate cat, I love cuddles, rubs, kisses, scritches, being talked to, strokes - any sign of affection or attention. Meowmie can push me around whilst I lay on my back and I go all floppy and daft and purr like mad. Like a typical Meezer I love a good natter.

5) Storm and I are very, very close, I hate it when she goes away to the Vet Place. When she was away for 8 days getting diagnosed with her problems a year ago, I hated it so much that when she came back I flipped out and spent a week attacking her and hissing at her. This was probably the last thing she needed - but she smelt WELL WIERD and seemed different somehow. After a week of the cold-shouldering I accepted her again and we were soon back to normal - constantly together.

6) Since Storm has been diagnosed with her lymphoma and gone through the chemo I am always sniffing her bum. Well, not always, but I do have a good old sniff much more than I used to. Thankfully Storm rarely farts! In fact I have only ever heard Storm do a windy-pop the once. That was shortly after one of her enemas. Ew.

7) When I was a young cat living at Meowmie J's I used to go into the garden sometimes. I found a dead blackbird in the garden, obviously caught by another cat and discarded some days previously. Cunningly, I claimed the bird for my own and pretended I had caught it and took it to Meowmie J and dropped the 'present' at her feet. Meowmie J screamed and screamed, I don't really know why, It was a lovely gift!

Well, my time is up here for now...Stormie sends her love, she hasn't done a sick-up for a couple of days and she is eating well! See you soon xxx

19 comments:

4 Boys and a Lady said...

These were very interesting facts! Nico wonders if he'll ever grow to like catnip someday. Hmm...

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Castle, it was lovely to learn so much about you. We know so much about Storm, but you filled in stuff even about Storm as well!

Mickey's Musings said...

Castle,I liked those facts about you.That was a cool video too !
Presenting the kill as yours, hahahahaha priceless!
Purrs Mickey

Rosemary B❤️ said...

We love you Castle! You are the best brother for Stormiekins. We are thrilled that you two are together. So sorry that MommieJ was allergic to you, but it must have been fate to bring you back to your sister to care for her and love her!

The video... is very very impressive.
You are quite a talented kittyboy

purrrs Prinnie

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Hi Castle!

Those were very interesting facts about you. I can see that you love Storm very much. Let's hope that she doesn't come back from the vet with any funny smells (this happens to me and Pumpy too.)
love, Pearl

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Castle~
I am very happy to know more about you!! This is a wonderful chance for let us know~~

You are so funny carry the eggs, no matter they broke or not, it is very interesting that try~~~

I am so glad that Storm have such a great company with you~~~ You could take to each other, it makes me feel comfort~~

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Castle, we enjoyed learning more about you. :) That is so cool that you can carry an egg! :) Dragonheart is affected only by the strongest catnip. :) We are both very affectionate too and love cuddles, rubs, every kind of attention!

Karen Jo said...

I loved reading more about you Castle. It was very clever of you to present Meowmie J with the dead bird. Too bad she didn't like it. You are a great egg carrier. Too bad your Meowmie startled you and you dropped it. I am so glad that you and Storm got to stay together. I am happy that Storm isn't having sick-ups.

Anonymous said...

Hi Castle,

It was fun reading and learning more about you.Cute egg video :)

Anonymous said...

awwww, great facts :)

Daisy said...

Your egg-carrying trick is cool!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Oh My goodness that egg video is the funniest thing I have seen in FOREVER!! That is the best trick and now I am going to insist that the human get an egg for me to carry. I will endeavour to pay homage to that wonderful epic egg film!

xx

LZ said...

I am going to have to try the egg thing! I can't believe you can pick it up in your mouth!!! Wow!!!

Kaze

MaoMao said...

hehehe, I loved the video! Momma, I wanna play with an egg!!!

I loved readin yur sevun things, Castle! You and Stormie are both such superduper Meezers. And you sound like Marilyn, as much as you like cuddles, Castle! Marilyn does the "go limp" thing, too. hehe

I'm so glad Stormie's feelin great! WOO HOO!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Wow. That egg trick is furry cool!

DMM

The Cat Realm said...

That was the most amazing thing I ever saw! You should ask your Mom to give yours some hardboiled eggs - they can't break.
Thank you for those interesting facts!!!

Motor Home Cats said...

Thank you for doing the 7 things meme, Castle. We wanted to learn more about you. You should ask Storm to let you blog more. We love your egg trick. That is very cool.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Parker said...

You made Mommy laugh out loud! Playing with an egg looks like a lot of fun!

None said...

It was so great to learn more about you Castle! You sound like a great brother to your little sister, I'm sure she appreciated a paw to sleep on! Your video was great, maybe you and Storm can try to synchonize egg carrying next time ;)