Tuesday 8 January 2008

Vet Visit

Ise went to see Ben Vet today - just for a check-up to make sure all is in order. My temperature is normal, my chest sounds normal and my gut sounds are normal and I have gained weight, I now weigh 3.69kgs (8.13lbs) which is an increase of about 350 grams (about 3/4 of a pound)!

Unfortunately I was bunged up with poos again, as you all know this is now a reoccurring problem for which I need to take lactulose cos the scarring in my guts, from the chemo treatment I had, prevents proper passage through me. So Ben Vet gave me an enema!!! I am loathe to write this on my blog again cos I get ALOT of hits from people looking for "enemas for fun" or "home enemas" and even more strangely "furry enemas". The mind boggles but I can assure those people that enemas are most definitely NOT fun!

I was very well-behaved at the vet, purred a bit and dished out a headbutt or two. After Ben Vet had finished examining me he said he was very pleased with my condition and said that I am doing very well, pretty much like a normal healthy cat - which is great news. Let's hope this state of being continues for a while longer! I then said my goodbyes to Ben Vet and the staff and my cat-sitter who also works there.

Once I got home I ran straight to my litter-box and proved without any doubt that enemas do work very well, I then laid down with Castle and he spent ages cleaning my ears for me.



And for any London-based readers, HMS Belfast the old warship now turned tourist-attraction moored up on the Thames, has lost one of it's cats, he is called Oscar and went missing on December 24th (you can read more HERE). He got lost looking for the other resident battleship cat Kilo. Kilo has now turned up though. I dread to think what could have happened to old Oscar but I fear either he was kidnapped by horrid chavvy school-children on an educational visit or he may have seen a fish in the Thames and took the plunge so to speak. Anyways, let's hope that Oscar turns up soon!


17 comments:

LZ said...

I had an enema once. Sheer torture. Its not my fault I was in a little cage for a week while my humans were on vacation and the box was way to public for me to use.

Chase

Daisy said...

I am very sorry you got all bunged up with poos again. I do not know why, but that phrase makes me giggle a little bit. I'm glad the enema worked good and you gained weight. You go, girl!

Karl and Ruis said...

We hate hearing about missing cats!!! Please Oscar, we hope you will be safely returned too like Kilo!!!
Yes, the penguins were great fun! Very friendly and they now all have glasses and CCSI buttons, hahahaha!
We found Brody's blog from McMurdo Station very interesting - gives you a bit different perspective of Antarctica than from a cruise ship....
We will have a surprise guest coming tomorrow and a big party on Thursday!!!

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh Storm that is great. We are glad you are gaining weight and normal is all the right places. So sorry about the poo problems.And we hope Oscar is found. We will purr for him to come home. And we like the whapping event for the Olympics! That would be cool!
Your FL furiends,

Jan Price said...

We're sure sorry to learn Oscar is lost. We hope he is found soon.

And we're also sorry you had to have another enema. Who in their right mind would think enemas are for fun? Had to be humans. Certainly was not a cat or a dog. We have more sense.

jans funny farm

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

hee hee you guessed right Stormie! Going to the cold lace for my happy Burdie day tea party!
I am glad you are home again and free from the binding of the p__ __! Not fun to have that....you are so very brave!
Sorry about the missing kitty from the ship. Last night we watched a TV show about the life of the Queen and we saw her almost cry when her Britannia ship was put into moth balls. Such a royal dynasty...mommy said we once where a monarchy in Bavaria too. We had the handsome King Ludwig who built the castles.
Much love from me to you and Castle:)) and please come join the parry on the cruise ship

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh Storm, we is so furry happy that you is doing so well! but enemas are awful! Grampa norton tolded us so! and he hated lactulose too.

We is sending out purrs that Oscar finds his way home!

Parker said...

I can't imagine one of my sibs cleaning my ears - does it feel good?

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I hope they find Oscar. That is good news about you and Kilo!

I shall have to go tell my humans they SHOULD have toured the Belfast if there were cats on board. It's bad enough that the Woman visited none of my dear British friends (how far is it, really to go visit Yao-lin?). She could have at least visited those on who cater to tourists!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Storm~~
I sincerely hope your condition will getting better ~~~
Even I know you are an expert of visiting vet, but I still hope everytime you go there just say hello to vets :)

And certainly hope the cat will be found soon :<

The Lee County Clowder said...

Our first reaction after the enema was that it probably wasn't your ears that needed washed. :-)

We're glad you're still doing well.

Lux said...

That is the loveliest picture of you & Castle. I'm so sorry to hear about your :::whispering::: enema.

Karen Jo said...

I am so very pleased that you are doing so well and mostly just like a normal, healthy kitty, except for the poo problems. I'm glad you got that all fixed, though sorry about the enema. Those are no fun at all. I am really sorry that Oscar is missing. I hope he goes back to the ship soon.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

We are glad to hear you are doing so well, Storm! Enemas sound yucky.

We hope that Oscar is found.

Poppy Q said...

Storms I am glad you had an ok time at the vet, and they managed to move the motions.

My mum used to work at London Bridge Hospital, just down from the Belfast. She hopes they finds Oscar, maybe he has gone inside somewhere to keep warm?

Hopes you and Castle and your beans are keeping warm.

Motor Home Cats said...

We are really glad to hear that you are doing well, but sorry to hear about your poo problems. That can't be any fun.

We hope Oscar is found soon.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

muffinmidi said...

Enemas are horrible, but I'm glad
it helped you.You have to let us know what searches it turns up.