Saturday 5 January 2008

New Olympic Sport?

Castle and I realise that this year is an Olympic year and we feel it is time to introduce a new sport into the Olympic schedule of games. I am not sure our campaign will be effective in time for the Beijing Olympics but if we get started now we may get it recognised for the London Olympics in 2012. I won't be able to participate in 2012 obviously, but perhaps we can get some of the younger generation of cats inspired to get involved? Yao-Lin and Baby Mao perhaps? Or The Meezer Brothers maybe? or would Dragonheart and Merlin take up the challenge?The new sport is called "Synchronised Whapping" and here is a video of Castle and I demonstrating the new sport:



Obviously we need to improve our synchronisation but I fink we did OK for a first effort! :)

PS - I fink I may have misled some people in my previous post with regards to the medicines I take. I gave the impression that Meowmie fills me with all sorts of meds on a daily basis, but she doesn't, the meds listed are meds I have taken over the last year.

I took the 3 chemo drugs listed on rotation, over a 26 week period then they stopped - this is called the Madison Wisconsin Protocol. Currently I only take a steroid tablet every other day and lactulose when I get 'bunged up' if you get my drift. I was supposed to take leukeran (another chemo drug) as a maintenance drug once the Mad Wis protocol had finished, but it made me feel sick so it was decided not to continue with it. Although this was a worry for us, Ben Vet explained that new evidence was starting to emerge to suggest that some cats manage to survive and keep the lymphoma at bay for a while without taking the Leukeran. (This is why it is kind of special that I am still here and surviving past the average 6-9 month survival time). You can read more about that episode in my treatment here: The Chemo Rollercoaster.

24 comments:

HRH Yao-Lin said...

haha thats brilliant storm, I think you both deserve a gold medal for that! I sdhall work on my whapping skills, I am sure baby mao and I can work together!

xx

Daisy said...

That's a great new sport! I hope you and Castle can participate in 2012 because I think you are the pioneers of the sport. Synchronizing things is hard!

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

That looks like so much fun! I would do synchronized whapping with Donny too, but he is so very aggressive with the toys that I often have to run away. You both are very good at sharing da toy.

~Marie

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh, yoor sink-ro-nizing is furry good. We'z hoping dat even if yoo can't participate maybe yoo could do a presentation afore da event! After all, yoo did invent it. Da one dat came afore was on a diferent protocol, but she went to Madison, WI to get her treatments. We live in Wisconsin so she got to go to da university out der to see a Feline Oncologist at the veterinary school. They sure did take good care of her.

The Wanderer said...

Well, Momma isn't too excited abouts Belle hasing babies...just cause there is lots of adult kittehs that need good homes...we has alot of issues wif our local humane society...so we is hoping no babies, but if we has some, we will fingds good homes for thems ourself. And we promise not to keeps them all. ;)

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I think the Meezers would be very good at synchronized whapping--of course Sammy is the king and Miles might not be able to keep up!

Boy said...

I think that is vewy nice work! You guys are sure to get gold!

Mickey's Musings said...

Ssynchronised Whapping!!!!! That would be a great sport! I think other cats would like it too !!
TRhat was a great idea :)
Purrs Mickey

Jan Price said...

We think you did very well, especially for a first effort. Keep practicing and you'll make the Olympics yet.

jans funny farm

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

HAHAHAHAHA....This is excellent~!!!!!
I can't wait when it's time Olympic~!!

You both are doing wonderful~!

Lux said...

I was amazed at how good you are at that synchronized whapping! We enjoyed that video immensely!

Karl and Ruis said...

We really wanted to see the synchronized whapping because Karl says Mrs. OZ and Emil can probably go olympic with their whapping too - but it wouldn't load for us - we will try again - it is a LONG way to Antarctica, hahahahaha
Come on over and see the interior of our fabulous Antarctica cruise ship and meet the crew!
Karl and Ruis

Karen Jo said...

You are very good at synchronized whapping. I think it should be an Olympic sport.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Terrific video! That sounds like a great sport. :) We'll have to start practicing!

Thank you for your kind words. I am feeling much better. Dragonheart

Parker said...

I like the sport! Maybe we can start to practice it!

Forty Paws said...

What a wonderful demonstration of synchronized whapping! Let's hope the Olympic folks recognize it as a sport for 2012!

Luf, Us

Tiger Lily said...

That is so good! Especially for your first try. I do not think it would work for Ruckus and me -- we usually are not even close to being synchronized because we are usually thwapping each other!

We have a toy just like that too but Jemima does not let anyone else play with it.

Christine and FAZ said...

What a brilliant sport - syncrohnised whapping - excellent idea - if only I had someone to whap. FAZ

LZ said...

I think Latte and I might need to work on that too. Though we are more turn takers rather than playing together. You are a very good player!

Kaze

MaoMao said...

Wowie kazowie, that's some great synchronized whappin you and Castle are doin! That's furry impressive. I'd love to see that as an Olimpick Event! I wondur if me and Dorydoo, or me and Brainball kould work up an ackt?

So cute!!!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Hot(M)BC said...

Synchronized whapping should definitely be an Olympic sport.
Thanks for joining CotC this week!
Robyn & Mini

Motor Home Cats said...

you were very good for your first time of synchronized whapping. Maybe you should get together with the Meezers for their weekly whapping lesson on Wednesdays.

We give you a 9.2.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Black Cat said...

That's a fantastic new sport! I love that video, had to watch it about eleventy-squillion times:) xxx

Anonymous said...

Lol...That's a great new sport.Love the video :)