Sunday 16 December 2007

One Year On!

Well, it is pretty much a year to the day that my large-cell lymphoma troubles started and me and family were told that with chemo treatment the 'average' survival time for me was 6-9 months. This time last year we didn't fink I would see another Christmas tree but I have...and we are all so so grateful for it! (Check out my first ever blog post for the full story of my diagnosis)

The past 365 days have presented us with a whole heap of emotions (and medicines) but it has also been surprisingly 'normal'. Most people have the impression that chemo is a very hard-hitting treatment for a cat to endure but it isn't for the vast majority of us cats - the doses given are very low and therefore we don't suffer like humans do when they have chemo. The downside to this is that the low-dose chemo is not considered a complete cure for cats...obviously we go into clinical remission (otherwise I wouldn't be here right now) but my lymphoma will come back to see me one day. When that happens I am confident that my Ben Vet will do his best by me, as he always has done, he is such a lovely vet and I actually quite enjoy seeing him, I purr at him and head-butt him too!

As I have exceeded the average survival time I guess I am above average...special....extra-ordinary even! I therefore want to celebrate my anniversary by creating an Award - I hope you don't think me bigheaded!



The Extraordinary Gold Star Award was created by me - Storm, The Furry Fighter - and is for Bloggers who have achieved or done something special. The award celebrates beyond what is ordinary or usual.

1) Post the explanation and rules of the award and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award and repeat the reason why you received it.

2) Pass the Award on to two other Bloggers who you fink deserve it and explain why!

Well there is little point in linking back to myself so I will get on with the presentation, which is hard cos I fink you all deserve the award, but if I awarded it to everyone all at once then the fun would all be over too quicky!:

Firstly, Caeser & Princess cos they are the sweetest and most adorable cats and always leave the most adorable, caring messages for everyone. Plus they are Fighters and put up with having flooids every day.

Secondly, Daisy The Curly Cat, cos before I read her blog I had no idea that cats wore clothes and went out strollering!!! She opened my eyes to how wonderful and tolerant some cats can be of their Beans! What a lady (and a very fashionable one at that!).


PS - I just want to say thanks to ALL my blogging buddies though, it has been an honour to meet you all and I love reading about your diverse and wonderful lives! The Cat Blogosphere is such a special place!


Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.

37 comments:

Daisy said...

Storm, it makes me so happy that you have done so well. You are a very brave kitty, and I have learned a lot about this condition from you. I expect to celebrate next Christmas with you, too!

Thanks ever so much for the beautiful award. I feel proud and honored.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That is an absolutely marvelous thing that you have done Storm. When we say we know how your human feels, we do. Georgia only had 6 months at the outside and that was a year and three months ago. We look forward to reading about your adventures NEXT year too!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Oh my thank you for this awardie.
You know, when we learned about you and the fight you have endured this year, we went through all of the emotions as well. You are a precious flower of a kittie. So very sweet and beautiful. WE are thrilled that you have won this battle and are here to share another Christmas with those that love you soooo much!

We are so honored to recieve this award. You are our very special friend, when your mom is busy, we come and visit to see what is going on, to check on you.
Thank you Thank you for this very wonderful awardie.
(((hughughughug))) from your curliekitty forever friends

~~Caesar and Prinnie

LZ said...

Storm you are my hero! When I had my near death experiences I was askeered because I didn't know if I'd be OK. You give us all so much hope and you're so strong.

Latte

Motor Home Cats said...

Congratulations on a very important anniversary!!! I think you should have given yourself an award too, for beating the odds. We really enjoy reading your blog, and love that you and your brother look like my brother and I.

Tiki and Tavi

Tiger Lily said...

You really are extraordinary Storm and you certainly deserve an award like that beautiful star! I am very thankful that we met.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Storm,
I am so glad you are feeling well~!
I am so happy for you it's back to normal~!
Medicine is really yuck I knew!!!!!

But you always in my prayers~!
cause you are my very good friend!

Unknown said...

I just heard over at Chey's place about you making the one year mark! This is great news. I am very happy to hear this.

MaoMao said...

Hi, Stormie! That is so superfantastick that you have reached yur one year milestone and are doin so furry well. We Ballicai are celebratin right along with you! That's a wunnerful award you created and and is purrfect for you, and you picked preshus kitties to pass it along to.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Leslie said...

Hi to a very special kitty from all the topcatrules cats in Australia. :)

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Storm, I am very glad that you have beaten the odds! You are a fighter, and an inspiration to us all. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

That is a wonderful award and you picked some terrific cats to receive it!

Parker said...

Storm - concatulations on fighting the good fight! We here in O Hi O salute you and pray you have many more Christmas trees in your future!
Smooches!

Ramses said...

Well done I'z dfink you'z amazing! :)

Purrs,
Ramses

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh Storm, yoo are an inspiration to us all. Yoo mite remember dat da one who came before had cancer and mom is very paranoid about one of us getting sick, but you've shown her that survival is possible. Yoo're a brave and speshul kitty and we are furry glad to have met yoo. Merry Krissmouse!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Storm - you are AMAZING!! I dread the thought of you becoming ill again, but I know that you are a furry little fighter and you will pull through no matter what.

Storm, I am genuinely fond of you even though we have never met! It's crazy but I think us siamese have a psychic link. I am therefore sending you purrs and psychic headbutts.

Yours, with affection and the utmost awe on this incredibly poignant anniversary

Yao-Lin

The Meezers or Billy said...

Storrm, you deserve all the gold stars in the whole world! We are so very happy that you are here celebrating another christmas.

Tara said...

Storm, that is a purrfect award to come from you! Any cat to get it will feel special indeed. I'm so happy you are here for Christmas!

Tara

None said...

Congratulation Storm, this is wonderful! There is nothing bigheaded about being a survivor! I wish you a marvellous christmas and good times with the ornaments of course.

Purrs to your strencht,
Tamra

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Dearest Stormie! Leavenworth is a tiny village in the alpine area of Washington State about 3 hours fromour desert where we live. Oh, isn't it hard to believe how many different climates Washington has?
conCATulations on your milestone this month dear friend. How tender of you to gift others with such a nice award...you have chosen purrrrfectly too! We all love C & P and miss D!
Whats more... we LOVE you and look up to you for being so brave!
Hugs Miss Peach who loves the views from your windows!

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Congratulations!! We are all so happy to see that you beat the odds, so to speak!! We hope that you will continue to beat the odds for a very, VERY long time!

~Casey, Donny, Marie

Mickey's Musings said...

Storm,The Furry Fighter.That is such a good name because you proved that you were not going to listen to what the Vets said.You laughed at their 6-9 months and said "just you wait and see"!
I love a cat with ATTITUDE!!!!
Here's to many more Christmases!!!!
Great choices too,for your award :)
Purrs Mickey

Samantha & Mom said...

Storm we are so very glad you bet the odds and that we got to know you! You are brave and so very nice. Your award is cool! We haven't been commenting much cause Mom is so way behind on everything this year. She's usually all decorated up by Thanksgiving and she is still trying to finish. So sometimes we just peek and run.
Your FL furiends,

Tara said...

Hey Storm katydids are a bug, but I was wrong, the bug Kavan was chasing was a praying mantid. I posted more info on my bloggy.

Tara

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Hey Storm I tagged you for a meme xx

Lux said...

I'm so happy that you're seeing another Christmas tree - you're an extra-special kitty and that award is perfect!

Karen Jo said...

Many congratulations on reaching the one year mark, Storm. You are a great furry fighter and an inspiration to us all. It is wonderful of you to create this award and you have chosen great kitties to give it to. Here's to more Christmas trees in your future. I hope to be reading your adventures for a looong time to come.

Boy said...

That's a fuwwy nice award Storm! You're a gweat cat!

Chase and Mel said...

It is so nice to meet you! You have such a strong will. I know we will be good furry friends.
Mew Mew
Chase

Jimmy Joe said...

Wow, Storm, what a special anniversary! You are the toughest girl I know (and Momma says girls are tougher than boys to begin with. I don't know why she says things like that).
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

The Crew said...

Storm dear, we're so happy you've exceeded the VET's expectations. What a great gift for your family!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Hello Stormie dear friend and Castle sweet wonderful kitty brother. we hope you have a lovely Friday and a very very joyous week-end.

Happy Happy Christmas
from your curlyfriends
Prinnie and Caesar

(((hughughug)))

Forty Paws said...

You are truly an Extraordinary poodin and we are glad you created an award to celebrate that fact! Concatulations on surpassing the odds, and we sincerely hope that you continue to do so!

Luf, Us

Anonymous said...

Storm,

I'm so glad you are doing so well.
Your a very sweet kitty and great friend.Have a wonderful Holiday Season.

muffinmidi said...

Stormie, I know how much this Christmas means to you and your mum.May you have a happy and healthy New Year.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Happy Lovely Christmas Stormiekins and Castlepuff and mommies.
We love all of you super very much.
Happy Lovely wonderful Christmas!

Purrr and purrr and hugs,
Princess and Caesar

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Christmas Eve (((HUGS)))
from Caesar Princess and Rosemary

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Hello Storm and Castle! Just wanted to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. :)